Shenzhen City International School’s ID: 2019011804
Kindergarten Music and Dancing Teacher will be responsible for teaching students in Toddler through Kindergarten.
Their music and dancing program is designed to foster a lifelong love of music and dancing for all students as well as assist the staff of the school in the improvement and appreciation of music and dancing instruction. The teacher will help students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music and dancing through a variety of planned music and dancing experiences. The teacher will be responsible for leading musical and dancing performances within grade levels and across the entire school.
The teacher must demonstrate a passion for teaching elementary music & dancing and understand the important role music and dancing plays in both the social/emotional development and academic growth of all learners within our kindergarten.
This position is a full-time position and involves being at school 40 hours a week. This includes instructional and planning time. Each class has music and dancing class once per week for either 40 or 50 minutes at a time.
Teaching hours: not to exceed 12 hours per week Hallway monitor hours: 2.5 hours
Planning/office hours: amount not specified * Event Coordination: amount not specified * Meeting/Training: amount not specified *
*if an amount is not specified, it can be assumed that this time will make up the difference of teaching hours plus hallway monitor hours, minus 40 hours total per week. Time should be split up between these tasks as necessary.
General Teaching Responsibilities
- In addition to the grade-level expectations, teachers are expected to:
- Selects appropriate music, books and instructional aids to enhance learning and requisitions musical instruments and instructional supplies as necessary.
- Maintain care/responsibilities for music and dancing classroom, school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Cooperation with supervisor and staff in providing musical and dancing programs for kindergarten assemblies, open house, concerts, parent meetings and school events.
- Plan and orchestrate several major celebrations each year: December (Christmas Gala Show), the commencement in July and one Expo show at the end of each semester.
- Teach skills in music understanding/appreciation, theory, explorations in music, grade-appropriate instruments, and choral music to students.
- Communication and meet on a regular basis with fellow team members and supervisors with regards to planning, assessment, parent and community contact, subject organization and classroom issues including discipline, expectations and classroom routines
- Communicate and meet with other school colleagues in an effort to promote and establish integrative links to music and dance and/or awareness.
- Take an active role in behavioural management and pastoral care of students
- Use a range of strategies to differentials learning where needed.
- Attend in-service training, faculty meetings, teacher workdays, and professional development opportunities.
- Coordinate class activities as deemed necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, conferences, and communication with parents.
- Establish links with your parent community to ensure that parents are kept well informed about student progress.
- Work as a temporary substitute teacher when other teachers are absent or otherwise unavailable.
- Fulfil all other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Photos of Shenzhen City International School:
About Shenzhen City International School
Under the environment of globalization, actively exploring modes of constructing regional elite education, connecting outstanding education teaching resources in Mainland China and overseas, and constructing inclusive and human-centred all-round education system have been the common topics for people who are devoted to promoting cultural exchange between China and the United States. Based on the educational concept of “Love and the Only”, Shenzhen City International School, which aims to build a new cultural bridge of friendship between China and the United States, was founded in Philadelphia in the 1990s. Started from “Princeton Greentree Kindergarten” in Philadelphia of the United States in 2006, it actively explored the opportunity of developing international school projects in Great China. In 2013, it set up in Shenzhen, a leading city of Chinese Economic Reform and Opening-up. In 2016, Shenzhen City International School established “Shenzhen International Academy (US)” in Philadelphia. “Shenzhen Bilingual School”, a K-12 school including kindergarten, primary and secondary sectors, was launched in Shenzhen OCT-East in 2018.