Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten’s ID: 20191123072
Start at the beginning of August 2020 and become a Montessori Kindergarten ESL Teacher in the International Department of Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten!
- Become a Kindergarten Teacher in the International Department of Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten
- Work from 08:30 to 17:00 with the weekends off
- Maximum Class size of 25 Kindergarten students
- The Kindergarten teacher will be teaching for approximately 20-25 classes or 30hours a week
- The teacher will be required to plan all their classes in the office and will approximately spend 10-12 office hours doing this.
- Some of the office hours will be spent in team meetings, developing the IGCSE curriculum, to have the students ready for their Gaikou exam.
- Design and follow complete teaching plans whilst following the school curriculum
- Undertake a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities
- Assess children’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering skills on a regular basis
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Engage in weekly meetings with the rest of the staff to discuss children’s progress, lesson planning and weekly reflection to stimulate improvement opportunities
- Work cooperatively with the leadership team
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Bi-yearly parents’ meetings to discuss the progress of their child throughout the year
- Engage in the yearly Christmas celebration play with the children
- Help the children study business if they have questions
Please see here for the full list of legal requirements to become a Montessori Kindergarten ESL Teacher in the International Department of Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten:
- Fluent English speaker with a clear and audible accent
- Bachelor’s degree or above (non-native English speakers need to have theirs from a native English-speaking country)
- TEFL certificate, OR 2 years of teaching experience, OR English related degree
- Below the age of 60 years old
- No criminal record
- Bachelor’s Degree in education with a focus on young learners
- 2 years experience in a Montessori Environment
At Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten, Teachers are always there to support each other, and they encourage an environment that allows for synergistic thought across the different educational disciplines.
Salary and Compensation:
- Earn a base salary of 21,000RMB Monthly after-tax, paid at the last day of the month
- 5,000RMB maximum medical expenses paid by the school
- Monthly housing allowance of 3,300RMB
- Enjoy a Flight allowance of 5,000RMB at the end of each year
- Full Z-VISA reimbursement to be paid in RMB upon arrival.
- Fully paid national holidays prescribed by the government
Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten’s Photos
About Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten
Shanghai Montessori Kindergarten is the Sister Kindergarten of Montessori School in Yokohama, Japan. The Kindergarten in Shanghai opened in May 1996 with one Japanese class. Now, they have expanded to two locations with a total of ten Japanese classes and two International classes (English and Chinese-English).
Their education principle is based on the Montessori Method of teaching. They encourage children to do things for themselves to lead them towards independence, to develop a positive sense of self, to be confident learners and to have empathy for others and for all living things.
They believe that it is important for children to master their native language and culture, as well as one of the countries where they are living. They would like to maximize the international aspect of our community and encourage the blend of cultures.