Shanghai International Education Group’s ID: 20191125384
- Become a Kindergarten English Teacher at Shanghai International Education Group within their International department
- Be in the Kindergarten from 08:30 to 17:00
- The working week will be Monday to Friday, with the Weekends off
- Maximum class size of 30 students
- The Kindergarten teacher will be teaching for approximately 20-22 classes, or 20 hours a week
- The Kindergarten teacher will be required to plan all their classes in the office and will approximately spend 10-15 office hours doing this.
- Some of the office hours will be spent in team meetings, developing the teaching curriculum, to have the students ready for their Quiz.
- Design and follow complete teaching plans
- Undertake a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities
- Assess children’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering skills on a regular basis
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Follow Shanghai International Education Group’s Kindergarten curriculum
- Engage in weekly meetings with the rest of the staff to discuss children’s progress, lesson planning and weekly reflection to stimulate improvement opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with the leadership
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Attend Parents’ meetings to discuss the progress of their child throughout the semester
- Communicate via WeChat groups with parents to help aid progression outside of class
- Becoming familiar with the teaching software and materials of The Kindergarten.
Events at Shanghai International Education Group:
- Christmas party
- Easter Day
- Chinese New Year party
- Halloween party
- Dragon boat festival party
- Bachelor’s in Education
- 2 year’s teaching experience in a Kindergarten setting
- Education-related majors
- A Kindergarten Teacher in China is preferred
- We’re looking for an enthusiastic Kindergarten teacher that views their role as important.
Training and development:
- Shanghai International Education Group have a curriculum designer that shares ideas about how to develop efficient teaching styles
- They also have also a trainer that develops Kindergarten planning, by thinking about the desired short-term and long-term outcome before creating lessons
- If a teacher would like to earn a QTS, Shanghai International Education Group can replace this instead of their end of contract bonus
- We have weekly team meetings with all the teachers, to discuss areas of development, concern and improvement. They typically last 1 hour through lunch and are considered as office hours.
- Teachers are always there to support each other, and we encourage an environment that allows for synergistic thought across the different educational disciplines.
Salary and Compensation:
- 16,000RMB to 20,000RMB before tax
- Full private health insurance for the full contract length
- Housing allowance of 1,500RMB
Shanghai International Education Group’s Photos:
About Shanghai International Education Group
Shanghai International Education Group is a comprehensive group that focuses on preschool education. They were founded in 1987, under the leadership of Madam Aliu Yang. Shanghai International Education Group has now grown to more than 30 kindergartens, education investment companies, art schools, with international swimming projects and early childhood education centres. Shanghai International Education Group is now spread across Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, through Zhejiang, Guangdong & Fujian province. There are approximately 1,800 staff in Shanghai International Education Group.