Suzhou Private IB International Language School’s ID: 2019011002
Become a Primary School ESL Teacher at Suzhou Private IB International Language School and start as soon as the Covid-19 finishes!
Suzhou Private IB International Language School is looking for an English teacher at their Primary School.
Suzhou Private IB International Language School is located in the city of Suzhou, Jiangsu China, in the northeast of China, roughly half an hour train ride from Shanghai city.
- Teaching a diverse range of students with a focus on student-centric teaching methodologies
- Weekly lesson planning
- Designing and planning a curriculum for the teaching semester
- Assisting with extracurricular activities
- Working alongside Chinese counterparts to help our students learn and grow in an international teaching environment
- Make teaching plans and extracurricular activities. Determine the English teaching objectives, content, progress and time allocation.
- Carry through class teaching procedures. Have a 5 minutes’ test about the last class, and teach new classes for 30 minutes. Classroom teaching should be step by step.
- Prepare lessons carefully and aid the development of the curriculum.
- Be responsible for arranging homework, moderate work volume, timely correct all students’ written homework. Summarize questions raised by students in the class.
- Earnestly coach and train students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing abilities.
- Carry out extracurricular group activities, promote excellent students and help weak students after class, and make tasks clear, planned and recorded.
- Carry out progress tests as well as the final exam every semester. Carefully make the evaluation of the examination papers, affirming the achievements, finding the gaps, and proposing measures to improve the teaching of English.
- Master the students’ situation, evaluate students correctly and fill out the evaluation reports.
- Actively cooperate with the headteacher, and do a good job for the students and parents.
A qualified candidate will:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have at least 2 years of English teaching experience, TEFL/TESOL certificate (at least 120 hours of study) or TEFL in China could be a substitute for English teaching experience.
- Dedicate to education and ought to be in a good health condition.
- Sense of humour, rich knowledge; be responsible for and be patient with students.
- Simple Chinese speaking skills preferred.
- Loyal to the cause of education, love students, love our school, high moral integrity, honesty.
- Have computer and modern multimedia teaching methods, excellent oral and written expression ability, standard and neat blackboard writing.
Salary and Compensation
- Salary is based on experience (generally 10000RMB-18000RMB per month before tax)
- 10000RMB of flight allowance per school’s year
- 4000RMB of housing allowance per month
- 3000RMB of completing bonus per year, and be paid in June 2021.
- Medical Insurance package within China
Suzhou Private IB International Language School shall sponsor the teacher for a work permit and residence permit. The school shall pay the costs for the costs of work permit and residence permit. The teacher shall be responsible for the submission of all relevant documentation to the authorities and responsible for all actions necessary to maintain the validity of permits and documentation. If the teacher fails to offer the legal materials for application of work permit and residence permit, he or she will be responsible for the base result.
Suzhou Private IB International Language School’s Photos
About Suzhou Private IB International Language School
Suzhou Private IB International Language School is a day & boarding (mixed) school catering for both local and international students from age 3 to age 18 in China. They pride themselves on being a diverse and dynamic learning community where everyone works collaboratively to support the lifelong learning and personal development of their students. In particular, Suzhou Private IB International Language School High School has incorporated the International Baccalaureate (IB) programs and British Columbia (BC) programs into all its curricula. The School sits right alongside the beautiful Jinji Lake in the east of Suzhou. Spread across a twelve-acre (50000 m2) verdant campus, Suzhou Private IB International Language School has set up a vibrant and decent environment for all students with a variety of modern facilities.
There are currently have over 1,800 students on campus. As a global community, Suzhou Private IB International Language School has attracted more than 400 talented faculties; notably, over 60 are their international academic staff from countries such as the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Holland and so on. Furthermore, they have also built a senior research-led management team to support their academic development.
They strive to combine the essence of educational philosophies from both the East and West, emphasizing their student’s personal development and lifelong learning for sustainable futures. To that end, They offer multiple internationally recognized programs, featured courses (e.g. special P.E.) as well as a wide range of extra-curricular activities such as optional courses and student clubs in order to enhance their student’s confidence and competence. With the aim to inspire each student to become a qualified global citizen, SIPFLS is always committed to delivering an extraordinary international education at its highest standard.
At their school, the philosophy of Education for Self-reliance is highly addressed, with the intention of urging their students to take responsibility at a young age. As the western societies always have a tradition for children to share household chores, Suzhou Private IB International Language School believes Education for Self-reliance can and will help their young learners to think critically and become responsible citizens. To set models for the students, their management leaders and academic staff have demonstrated how to complete small tasks in different contexts; for instance, how to clean the toilet in a bathroom. Why does Suzhou Private IB International Language School lay so much stress to Education for Self-reliance? “It encourages the young students to learn what they cannot do, motivates them to constantly improve what they can do, and helps them to identify the right values at a young age,” Chairman Zhang Yonghong said. By doing so, their students can recognize the value of labour on their own, that is, labour itself can turn into a pathway leading to enjoyment and achievement, a different dimension of success.
August 2018 has witnessed the official launch of the off-campus centre of Education for Self-reliance - Moku Farm, which provides their students and their families with real-life scenarios to experience the method of Learning by Playing, and Learning by Doing. In total, 683 students in 7 batches participated in the off-campus programs (spanning from 6 days to 13 days) last semester. By the end of the programs, most students have enhanced their comprehensive abilities. In addition, they have also learned how to be grateful. This semester, Suzhou Private IB International Language School has planned to involve more students (almost doubled) from kindergarten to high school to visit the Moku Farm.
By exploring the new method Life Education, Nature Education and Education for Self-reliance, Suzhou Private IB International Language School has successfully transformed many students into outstanding graduates, who know how to be grateful, how to learn and how to live. They love to volunteer and dare to dream big, full of vitality.
So far, the 2019 IBDP graduates from Suzhou Private IB International Language School High School have received 146 conditioned offers from prestigious universities in total, including Imperial College, University College London, University of Edinburgh, University of Tokyo, University of Manchester, King's College London, University of Bristol, Warwick University, Australian National University, University of Melbourne, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, University of Hong Kong, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Fudan University, University of Weston, Queen's University and so on. All the IADP graduates have obtained conditioned offers from Top 80 universities in the United States.
Nevertheless, 35 BC graduates from Suzhou Private IB International Language School High School have received more than 90 admission offers from overseas universities, including the University of Toronto, California College of Art, the Art Institute of Chicago, and University of the Arts London. Good news will continue to come in.
Over the past 8 years, Suzhou Private IB International Language School has been exploring and developing its own way to foster a joyful, dynamic and multicultural community where students love to learn and teachers love to teach.