Suzhou School of Languages’ ID: 20200701981
- Become a Primary School ESL teacher at Suzhou School of Languages
- Be present at Suzhou School of languages from 08:00 to 17:00 (Friday 16:30)
- The working week will be Monday to Friday, with the Weekends off
- Teach a maximum of 20 periods in a working week
- Maximum class size of 25 students
- The teacher will be required to plan all their classes in the office
- Some of the weekends will be spent in Team Building, marketing Open Day, All Staff Retreat, Teacher Training
- Design and follow teaching plans
- Undertake a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities
- Assess children’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering skills on a regular basis
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Co-teach with the classroom teachers and actively participate in the co-planning and co-evaluation.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- To carry out the professional duties of the homeroom teacher
- Follow the Cambridge curriculum
- Engage in weekly meetings with the rest of the staff to discuss children’s progress, lesson planning and weekly reflection to stimulate improvement opportunities.
- Most of the meetings will be held from 13:00-14:00
- Work cooperatively with the leadership team
Working with Parents and Extra-curriculum activities:
- As a Primary School ESL teacher, you’ll need to maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information to their about their children
- Attend parents’ meetings to discuss the progress of their child throughout the year
- Communicate via WeChat with parents to help aid progression outside of class
- Engage in the yearly Christmas celebration play with the children
- Raise the flag each Monday with the whole school
- We have a Chinese annual party before the Chinese New Year that all the teachers celebrate.
- Celebrate the Christmas party, Chinese New Year party and Halloween festival party
- Our goals as a school are to have all the teachers involved in the school’s activities and be a part of the community of learning. Yes, we want a class teacher, but more we want your personality to shire through our school and leave a fantastically positive impact.
Suzhou School of Languages Preferences:
- Bachelor or above; Early Childhood Education would be preferred
- 2 years’ teaching experience as well or 120TEFL/TESOL/CETTA
- In China is preferred
- We’re looking for a Class teacher that views their role as important. We’re hoping the Primary School ESL teacher can match our philosophy, and drive the student’s interest through that inquisition.
The minimum legal requirements to be a Primary School ESL teacher at Suzhou School of Languages:
- Fluent English speaker with a clear and audible accent
- Bachelor’s degree or above (non-native English speakers need to have theirs from a native English-speaking country)
- TEFL certificate, OR 2 years of teaching experience, OR English related degree
- Below the age of 60 years old
- No criminal record
Training and Development:
- IB PYP training, they have regular IB training to share ideas about how to develop efficient teaching styles
- They also have a trainer that develops teaching planning, by thinking about the desired short-term and long-term outcome before creating lessons
- An IBO Third Party visits the school once a semester for 2 days of training
Suzhou School of Languages Salary and Compensation:
- As a Primary School ESL teacher, you’ll be able to earn between 15,000RMB to 20,000RMB before tax
- Full private health insurance for the full contract length
- Housing allowance of 2,500RMB
- A return flight will be paid for at the end of each academic year, with a maximum cost of 10,000RMB
- Z-VISA fees are paid by the school
- There will be a competitive contractual bonus available, or we can sponsor further academic qualifications throughout the duration of the contract.
- Winter holiday paid, about 3 weeks
- Summer holiday not fully paid, about 6-7 weeks
Photos of Suzhou School of Languages
About Suzhou School of Languages
Suzhou School of Languages was founded in September 2017. It is the first branch school of Suzhou School of Languages 1 in Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province, the first high-quality international school invested by Suzhou Guanghua Group with 0.85 billion RMB. Meanwhile, it is also the first private school to get the most recognized International courses within the shortest time. Founded for only 15 months, the PYP program and DP program both got authorized to be the candidate school and Cambridge International Program, IFD program and North American High School Diploma Programs all got authorized and recognized.
Suzhou School of Languages is a fifteen-year school with an early education centre, PYP kindergarten, PYP primary school, international junior middle school and domestic junior middle school, and international high school. The school covers an area of 100,000 square metres and a building area of 137,000 square metres. They implement small size class teaching in their whole school. From the higher grades of the Primary, students can live on campus. Their school also offers school bus service and breakfast for parents in need. They mainly recruit Chinese students, including students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and at the same time, they also recruit some international students.