Ningbo International School’s ID: 20192811430
This full-time post will initially be offered on a fixed-term contract with Huamao Foreign Language School for a period of two years starting from August 15th 2019. This contract may be extended on an indefinite basis by mutual agreement.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be within the range of CNY190,000 – CNY310,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience. In addition, an attractive package including housing allowance, airfare allowance, bonus, settling-in allowance, relocation allowance and worldwide health insurance will be provided for international appointments.
Main job duties and responsibilities:
- To prepare and deliver lessons for grade 6 to grade 7
- To take a weekly teaching load in a range of 21-25
- To contribute to course and curriculum development for bilingual
- To be mentoring and planning guide for all staff on English
- To attend bilingual program activities, which include preparations for the annual bilingual forum, Parent Open day, Demo class and workshop, and help to do the marketing promotion and activities for student recruitment.
- To do the regular communication with parents during the student pick-up time every week, and shall be available to communicate with parents regarding questions or concerns with the subjects in the English part of the
- To work effectively with a co-coordinator of the Chinese part of the bilingual program so as to promote an exciting and innovative new learning experience, and an effective marketing tool for future bilingual
- Any other duties appropriate to the
- A bachelor or above degree in English major or education
- Two years or above teaching experience in a position of English teacher (more reading and writing).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
Photos of Ningbo International School:
About Ningbo International School
Ningbo International School was established in 1998 by Huamao Group at a cost of 650 million yuan. The school was founded in centre Yinzhou and is in the middle of the new Central Business District. It is found, conveniently, one block from Wanda Plaza and located next to Yinzhou Park and Ningbo Museum. A short distance away is the University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus (UNNC). The campus buildings cover a sprawling 200,000m2 and contain the nation’s largest private art museum, designed by Pritzker award-winning architect, Wang Shu. The nearby Science and Technology Museum contains full-size dinosaur replicas, rockets, interactive exhibits and a 200 seat cinema.
A love of sport and fitness is fostered with a 3,000 seat indoor stadium, 25 meters indoor, heated swimming pool, a rubberized athletics track and field. The campus facilities are nestled harmoniously within areas of parks, rivers and sculptures that provide an educational air of learning, reflection, and contemplation.
Ningbo International School is a large boarding school with around 4,500 students and 500 teachers. The school has developed to become a nationally recognized, advanced private school with numerous awards.