Guangzhou International Language School’s ID: 20191125768
- Become an Oral English Teacher at Guangzhou International Language School for their middle school and high school
- Teach from the hours of 07:45 to 16:30
- The working week will be Monday to Friday, with the weekends off
- Maximum class size of 30 students
- The teacher will be teaching approximately 20 classes.
Some of the office hours will be spent in team meetings, instructional extracurricular activities related to English language learning. These can include Foreign Language Art Festival, Oral Practice of English Language, Lecture Organizing, drama, Debate Competition, Speech Contest, English Language Competitions in which Party B plays the role of an instructor, judge or organizer
- Design and follow complete teaching plans
- Undertake a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate student’s abilities
- Assess student’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering skills on a regular basis
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Conduct effectively planned oral lessons
- Engage in weekly meetings with the rest of the staff to discuss student’s progress, lesson planning and weekly reflection to stimulate improvement opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with the leadership team
- Bachelor’s in education or English literature
- 2 years’ experience of teaching
Training and Development
- The school will support them if they want to learn other courses in or outside the school to improve themselves.
- There are some online training courses provided for them to develop their teaching.
- If they are competent in other subject or academic ability, there are career opportunities for them to teach those subjects in English.
- They have weekly team meetings with all the teachers, to discuss areas of development, concern and improvement. They typically last 1 hour and are considered as office hours.
- Teachers are always there to support each other, and we encourage an environment that allows for synergistic thought across the different educational disciplines.
Salary & Compensation
- Earn a base salary of 13,000RMB to 20,000RMB before tax each month
- Full private health insurance for the full contract length
- You’ll be provided with an apartment. The apartment will be fitted with furniture, bed (no bedding set), TV set, refrigerator and bathroom. There will be air conditioning in the apartment and wireless internet.
- A return flight will be paid for at the end of each academic year, with a maximum cost of 8,000RMB
- Full Z-VISA reimbursement to be paid in RMB upon arrival.
Guangzhou International Language School’s Photos
About Guangzhou International Language School
Guangzhou International Language School is a public and coeducational secondary school, which is accredited by the Education Bureau of Guangzhou, Guangdong. It is located at 102 Fenghuang Avenue, Nansha District in Guangzhou and overs 269 acres.
Guangzhou International Language School dedicates to build:
1. the first public school to enrol foreign students in Guangzhou
2. a pluralistic and open internationalized school-running system
3. a Chinese culture-based international K-12 course system
4. a cradle for nurturing cross-cultural elites and inter-disciplinary talents
Guangzhou International Language School aims to develop its youth as:
1. Global citizens who maintain national sentiments with international outlooks
2. Cooperative partners who practice self-preservation and are kind to others
3. Innovative talents who are academically rooted and linguistically proficient
4. Elite personnel who have the mind to work earnestly and to contribute to society
5. Learned emissaries who value and can integrate Chinese and Western cultures
6. Lifelong learners who possess inquiries, initiative, and compassion
7. People who devote themselves to creating a better, more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect