Unique Reference: 20191009125-A
Curriculum Design and Merging
- Managing the classrooms effectively including maintaining good student discipline and supporting the discipline standards and rules of the School
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
- Instructing English classes to groups of up to 36 students using a variety of active and engaging teaching strategies/learning activities and student assessment methods
- Introducing and improve reading, writing, and speaking skills of students of diverse backgrounds in English; students should learn English grammar, pronunciation, and conversational skills
- Preparing and setting tests, examination papers and exercises
- Deal with curricular matters at PYP level
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- Attending and contributing to training sessions
- Basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest and abilities of students and provides emotional support
- Contributing to the School’s ASA program
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies
- Deal with curricular matters at PYP level
- Collaborate with Homeroom teacher about lesson plans, cultural sensitivity, and diverse resources
- Help to create a whole school atmosphere where diverse cultures are welcomes and explored to enhance the learning of all students
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education or bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject areas with PGDE (Postgraduate Diploma of Education), or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Preferred at least 2 years of classroom teaching experience.
- Enjoys working in a diverse environment with people from different cultures, can perform effectively under stress, and is patient and easy going
- Proficient in using technology, including Microsoft Office and online learning resources
- Able to build a positive and accepting classroom culture
- Commitment to working with students with genuine love. Passionate about nurturing students with patient care, understanding, and empathy. Have a positive and optimistic outlook and warm personality
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of individual learning styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build a trust relationship with students and parents
- Ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour. Able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy
Salary & Compensation:
- Base Salary of 18,000RMB before tax
- Medical insurance cover Mainland China
- Housing allowance 2,500RMB or live on Campus
- Settlement allowance 5,000RMB
- Visa application fee in China
- Flight allowance 12,000RMB per academic year
- Pay full salary during summer and winter holidays and 5 days Christmas holidays
Learn about Yongqing Experimental School
Support from their University
As one of the most famous universities in China, Beijing University, which is recognized by its unique culture, enjoys many privileges from the government. Unlike other Universities that cannot compete regarding learning and K-12 education, innovation and reform in China, Beijing University always develops with pioneer spirit in the education industry. With the help with many political, business and academic leaders who graduated from Beijing, Beijing University had become a centre of teaching and research with diverse branches of learning subjects such as basic and applied sciences, social sciences, humanities, medicine, management and education.
Yongqing Experimental School
Beijing University Experimental Sister School – Yongqing Experimental School (Langfang) is a joint project of Beijing University and a local real estate group. The school is just 21 minutes away on a fast-speed train from Beijing South Railway Station and only 15 kilometres away from the biggest airport in Asia. The project is heavily invested, which entails 300 million RMB initially and 230 acres of land. Located at Yongqing Industry Park, the project is facing the high speed economic developmental city circle of Beijing, Hebei and Tianjin, where their potential client families exist.
Yongqing Experimental School’s Facilities
On the 230 acre site, the school has spacious, state of art, fully equipped classrooms. There are; three libraries, IT labs (all-Mac), design technology labs, science labs, astronomical observatory, a sports field, soccer pitches, tennis and basketball courts. Also, they have the latest design school theatre, three gyms, climbing walls, a swimming pool, and specialist areas for Music, Visual Arts, and Design, multi-media centre along with TV and Radio stations.
With three modern restaurants and cafes, home from home boarding and leisure facilities, students are assured of a truly inspirational IB learning environment.
All the equipment and materials are based on the environment and health concern—green air filtration, solar panels, water recycling, environmentally friendly construction materials, paints and furniture.
Their objectives are based on Chinese traditions using, holistic education practices to cultivate a student achieving his best in morals, talents, communication, aesthetics and physical capability.
They try to develop students’
- Physical and intellectual well being
- Benevolence, humanity, honesty and integrity
- Learning habits and methods
- Communicative and cooperative proficiency
- Independence, self-confidence, courage and responsibility
- Critical and creative thinking, aesthetic literacy
- Chinese traditional culture appreciation and international-mindedness
How does Yongqing Experimental School ensure a high-quality international learning experience?
Yongqing Experimental School curricula are designed by curriculum research and development teams that consist of experts from Beijing University, National Institute Of Education Sciences and domestic and foreign educators, with a full understanding of their educational philosophy and objectives. The IB philosophy, mission and learner’s profile are fully integrated into the curriculum.
- 65%-75% basic lessons – Chinese literature, Math, English, Character education, Science, Art, PE, etc.
- 20% – 25% extended courses – Traditional culture, Reading, Drama, STEM, Swimming, Cross-subject exploration, Study Tour
- 5% – 10% Interest Courses – Yuan Pei Classes, Senior lab-lessons, club activities
How does Yongqing Experimental School ensure an outstanding learning experience with caring educators?
Traditional Cultural Education
Traditional culture education is consisted of Sinology reading, classics reading, essay writing, movie appreciation, local culture appreciation and national course, to cultivate students with profound traditional cultural awareness and humanistic quality.
Cross-cultural Understanding and Communication
They offer extensive and selected English courses and international study field trips to improve students’ English reading and speaking ability, to help students to understand cultural diversity, to cultivate an understanding of cross-cultural communication and to promote exchange and communication in different languages, for the purpose of developing students’ international-mindedness.
- Housing Allowance or school accommodation
- Supplementary medical insurance cover throughout Mainland China
- PKU and IB training programs
- Shopping shuttle bus to Langfang City every Wednesday from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Weekend shuttle buses to the subway station of Beijing, Line 10.
- Free Meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) from Morning to Friday
- Settlement allowance, annual flights allowance, festival welfare etc.
Photos of Yongqing Experimental School