Jinhua International School’s ID: 20200303152
Become a Drama Teacher at Jinhua International School and start ready for the August 2020 academic year!
Day to Day
- As a Drama Teacher, you’ll be present at Jinhua International School from 08:30 to 17:00
- The working week will be Monday to Friday, with the Weekends off
- Drama classes are of a maximum size of 25 students
- The Drama Teacher will be teaching for approximately 20-22 classes, or 20 hours a week
- The Drama Teacher will be required to plan all their classes in the office and will approximately spend 10-15 office hours doing this.
- Some of the office hours will be spent in team meetings, developing the IGCSE curriculum, to have the students ready for their exam.
- Design and follow complete Drama Teaching plans
- Undertake a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate children’s Drama abilities
- Assess children’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering skills on a regular basis
- In your Drama class, you’ll need to monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Follow the IGCSE & A-level British curriculum
- Engage in weekly meetings with the rest of the staff to discuss children’s progress, lesson planning and weekly reflection to stimulate improvement opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with the leadership team
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Bi-yearly parents’ meetings to discuss the progress of their child throughout the year
- Communicate via WeChat groups with parents to help aid progression outside of class
- Engage in the yearly Christmas celebration play with the children
- We have a teachers’ party before the Chinese New Year that all the teachers celebrate.
- Christmas party
- Chinese New Year party
- Dragon boat festival party
- Bachelor’s in education with a focus on Drama
- 2 years’ experience teaching the IGCSE & A-level British syllabus
Training and Development
- Bi-yearly, at Jinhua International School they have a curriculum designer come in to share ideas about how to develop efficient teaching styles
- Jinhua International School also have a trainer that develops teaching planning, by thinking about the desired short-term and long-term outcome before creating lessons
- They have weekly team meetings with all the teachers, to discuss areas of development, concern and improvement. They typically last 1 hour through lunch and are considered as office hours.
- Teachers are always there to support each other, and we encourage an environment that allows for synergistic thought across the different educational disciplines.
Salary and Compensation
- As a Drama Teacher at Jinhua International School, expect a salary from 22,000RMB to 28,000RMB Before tax
- Full private health insurance for the full contract length
- Housing allowance of 3,000RMB
- A return flight will be paid for at the end of each academic year, with a maximum cost of 10,000RMB
- Full Z-VISA reimbursement to be paid in RMB upon arrival.
- There will be a competitive contractual bonus available, or Jinhua International School can sponsor further academic qualifications throughout the duration of the contract.
Photos of Jinhua International School
About Jinhua International School
Jinhua International School is based on the Yangtze River Delta, facing the whole country and radiating to the world ".Running the school is positioned as "China's World School". Jinhua International School is a top-level international School that integrates the essence of the three education systems of China, the United Kingdom, and International, bringing an unprecedented and unique world school to the Yangtze River Delta, China, and the world as well. It takes 50 minutes from Hangzhou to the school by high-speed railway and about 2 hours from Shanghai to the school as well.
Jinhua International School brings a brand new education model to China. It is a world school that combines the essence of Eastern, Western and international education, develops general education programs, and pursues academic excellence. Our daily code of conduct upholds the Confucian "benevolence, righteousness, etiquette, wisdom, and faith", adheres to moral education first, and cultivates successors with core socialist values.
Jinhua International School will uphold the pursuit of excellence and focus on the personality of students, shaping and cultivating innovative abilities, creating a Chinese talented man full of wisdom, caring, socialist core values and global competitiveness, laying a solid foundation for graduates to enter first-class universities at home and abroad.