Shenzhen International School’s ID: 2018092005
Become a Chemistry Teacher at the fantastic Shenzhen International School!
- Be present at Shenzhen International School from 08:00 to 17:30
- The working week will be Monday to Friday, with the Weekends off
- Teach Chemistry to a maximum class size of 27 students
- The Chemistry teacher will be teaching for approximately 15-22 classes with 40 minutes per class
- Some office hours will be planning Chemistry classes, while others may be spent in school team meetings
Day to day activities
- Design and follow complete teaching plans for teaching Chemistry
- Undertake a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate children’s Chemistry abilities
- Assess children’s performance and progress to ensure they are mastering skills on a regular basis
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing within a Chemistry environment
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Follow the IGCSE & A-level British & American curriculum
Responsibilities as a Chemistry Teacher at Shenzhen International School
- Engage in meetings with the rest of the staff to discuss children’s progress, lesson planning and weekly reflection to stimulate improvement opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with the leadership team
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information
- Attend parents’ meetings to discuss the progress of their children’s Chemistry throughout the year
- Communicate via WeChat groups with parents to help aid progression outside of class
- Engage in the yearly Christmas celebration play with the children
- Help the children study business if they have questions
- Raise the flag each Monday with the whole school
- Organise Bi-monthly outing for international teachers.
Staff team-building activities
- Christmas party
- Chinese New Year party
- Other events
Shenzhen International School’s goal as a school is to have all the teachers involved in the school’s activities and be a part of the community of learning. Yes, we want an economics teacher, but more we want your personality to shire through our school and leave a fantastically positive impact.
Shenzhen International School’s preferences
- 2 years’ experience teaching the IGCSE & A-level British or American curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a Chemistry related degree
- Currently in China
- Meets the legal requirements to obtain a Z-VISA
They’re looking for an enthusiastic teacher that views their role as important. We’re hoping the teacher can match our style of pedagogy by allowing children to become inquisitive about the subject, and driving their interest through that inquisition.
Training and development
- As a Chemistry Teacher, you’ll be able to receive full support from the administration and management team for queries you have
- Shenzhen International School has weekly team meetings with all the teachers, to discuss areas of development, concern and improvement. They typically last 1 hour through lunch and are considered as office hours.
- Chemistry Teachers are always there to support each other, and we encourage an environment that allows for synergistic thought across the different educational disciplines.
Salary and Compensation
- As a Chemistry Teacher, you’ll be able to earn a salary of 19,000RMB to 25,000RMB based on your experiences as a Chemistry teacher
- Full Private Medical insurance for the duration of your Chemistry teachings
- Housing allowance of 3,500RMB to be paid monthly to all Chemistry teachers
- A return flight will be paid after the peroration period, with a standard of 10,000RMB
- Full Z-VISA reimbursement to be paid in RMB upon arrival
Photos of Shenzhen International School
About Shenzhen International School
Founded in 2002 and approved by Guangdong Provisional Department of Education, Shenzhen International School is the institution engaged in overseas education projects. They have an authorised examination centre for IGCSE and A-level exams and teaching school for junior secondary, IGCSE and A-level courses by the Cambridge Assessment International Examination Board, thus making them one of the few renowned schools gaining such recognition. At the same time, Shenzhen International School offers American high school courses which are based on the SAT and TOEFL curriculum. The School also collaborates with the University High School, Lutheran High School, Francis Parker School and other high schools in California, USA, to set up the joint American High school, Shenzhen International School.
Students completing the Cambridge international junior curriculum can choose to study the British High School Curriculum or the American High School Curriculum mentioned above in our school.